Are PVC doors heat resistant?
In the winter times, one of the most annoying problems is air permeable doors and windows. PVC doors provide high heat and sound insulation. In the air-permeable conditions, You can feel the breeze and hear the whispering of wind inside of your house. This problem, can not always be fixed with the changing of putties, hinges, or seals. PVC materials are highly efficient in heat insulation. But since, PVC doors are made of plastic materials, weather conditions and heat changes affect them directly. In the summer times, expansion, and winter times, contraction can be observed. In this case, the calibration and adjustment of the doors can be affected.
Why do the PVC Doors Become Air Permeable?
PVC doors are produced with highly durable materials but weather conditions of the places can vary from one another and affect the sustainability of materials. But the most important factor is the mounting and installation part of the doors. Lots of technical factors and poor craftsmanship can seriously affect the durability of doors and can cause doors to leak air. These factors are;
- Extreme weather conditions like hot, cold, storms, or rains,
- Faulty or insufficient installation,
- If there is glass in the door, faulty installation of glass,
- In newly built buildings, foundation problems,
- The broken lock housing,
- Faulty lock mechanism,
- Fabrication defects of sections,
- Faulty screwing, while installing the door housing,
- Different door handles installed (Due to supplier problems)
- Faulty hinge installation,
- Wearing out and corrosion of materials.
With over half-century experience in the market, EVKAP Company is committed to manufacturing every single door with the best materials and according to the highest quality standards. But if there would be some kind of defects, directly contact your vendor to fix the problems or replace the required material.
First of all, when installing the materials, always ask for the best craftsmanship, with certified and experienced personnel. If you experience these kinds of problems, do not try to fix the problems yourself with band-aid solutions. and directly contact your serviceman.
What are the Features of PVC Doors?
We can see PVC doors in every house nowadays. It is widely used and preferred because of practical advantages such as sound and heat insulation, and practical manufacturing in different colors and shapes. PVC coated doors are also healthy and easy to clean materials. It is manufactured with anti-carcinogen materials that are best for your health and a healthy environment.
- PVC doors are easy to clean. In the COVID-19 Pandemic conditions hygiene became one of the main concerns. With the help of proper disinfectants, PVC doors are the most hygienic door types. For more information, you can check our other posts about PVC doors and how to clean them.
- Requires less maintenance
- Proper sound insulation,
- Proper heat insulation which means energy cost savings,
- Fire resistance,
- Durable material.
What to Consider When Buying PVC Doors?
There are some things you should take into consideration when buying PVC doors. PVC doors should be manufactured with the cold-press method. If it is manufactured with the hot-press method, in hot weather conditions, door sections could bend, and would not fit into the casing while installing or after installation. In the PVC coated doors, the material of wood and door thickness are other factors to consider when choosing a door model.
In the PVC coated MDF doors, “which are not sandwich panels” screwing to the casing problems can be observed. So the hinges can wear out and fall. So it is better to prefer sandwich panel doors.
For sustainable nature and the future, it is better to choose PVC doors made from recycled materials. We are also committed to using recycling materials as much as we could.
For more; evkap.com/doors/pvc-doors/